Welcome to First Grade!
Learning is our superpower!!
It's hard to believe that the end of the year is just a few days away! Here are a few things to be aware of as we wrap up the year.
1. We will have our Author's Celebration on Monday, May 15th, from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. Please return the R.S.V.P. card if you
plan on attending.
2. All books are due by Friday, May 12th.
3. "Spring Training" is scheduled for May 22nd. (Students will meet their 2nd grade teachers!)
4. The First Grade Awards Program is scheduled for Wednesday, May 24th.
5. Field Day is scheduled for Thursday, May 25th.
6. Friday, May 26th, is the last day of school. Students will get their final report card and be dismissed at 12:35.
I hope everyone has a great summer!! Be safe and remember to read, write and do some arithmetic!!
- Hello! I am Ms. Dempsey. I am your child's first grade teacher! I know that together we can make this a SUPER year for your child!
- Please make sure your child has his binder at school everyday.
- Please sign your child's agenda each evening.
- Homework is stapled to your child's weekly newsletter and is due on Friday.
- Your child will also have "practice" every evening. He needs to study his vocabulary words, practice writing to 120 and practice writing his name, letters and numbers. There are practice pages in your child's binder. He/she can use the dry erase marker in his binder to practice these skills. He/she can write on top of the page protectors and simply erase after you check his work so he can practice again.
Our Lunch time is 12:05 -12:35
Conference time: 10:50-11:40