In spring 2012, the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®) replaced the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS). The STAAR program includes annual assessments for
- Reading and mathematics, grades 3–8
- Writing at grades 4 and 7
- Science at grades 5 and 8
- Social studies at grade 8
- End-of-course assessments for English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology and U.S history.
This year all CISD students in grades 3-12 will participate in the STAAR program. Below are several helpful links to STAAR resources.