Which Student Would You Like To Teach?
The red color represents how the brain has been “turned on” after 20 minutes
of moderate physical activity.
Are You Ready to Give A Brain Break Now?
Below are links to several brain break videos. Brain Breaks are designed to be short in duration, which allows students a chance to move and refocus their attention.
Elementary Focus (K-5)
Brain Break Activities
- (K-5) physical/academic activities that incorporate core subject areas
- Developed by AISD Physical Educators
- (K-5) physical activities are integrated with academic concepts
- Over 20 activities each for K-2 and for 3-5.
- Developed through East Carolina University with the support of NC Healthy Schools, Be Active North Carolina, Inc., and the NC Department of Public Instruction
- Join more than 9,000 teachers already participating in the single most popular physical activity program available to schools.
- Age appropriate co-curricular program streamed directly into general education classrooms.
- Weekly adventures assist schools in fighting obesity by increasing physical activity from the safety and comfort of the classroom.
- Each episode provides 30 minutes of MVPA, moderate to vigorous weekly physical activity.
- Adventures and corresponding Teacher Guides align to National Standards in Health, Reading, Writing, Social Studies, Science and Math.
- Teachers must create an account to receive these activities.