Science Expectations & Grading
- Each student should have all supplies by the end of the 2nd week of school August 25, 2017 as stated in Anthony Aguirre’s Jr. High Binder Organization Guidelines
- Additional supplies that will be utilized but are not required for each student: glue sticks or bottles, clear tape, markers, and colored pencils.
- Bring your supplies to class EVERY DAY.
- Take RESPONSIBILITY for your learning.
- Act in a SAFE and HEALTHY way.
- Respect ALL class materials.
- Treat others and their belongings with respect.
- Keep all electronics put away unless instructed otherwise.
- Follow ALL the rules in your Student Handbook.
- Read and follow ALL instructions.
- Begin only when instructed to do so.
- Stay at your work area unless instructed otherwise.
- Clean your work area and return equipment when finished/ before leaving class.
- Report any problems with lab supplies or equipment immediately to the teacher.
- NO eating or drinking.
- NO horseplay.
OUTDOOR (outside of classroom) EXPECTATIONS
- Quietly and orderly walk to assigned area and back to the classroom.
- Walk only in designated areas.
- DO NOT bother or touch any animals or plants unless instructed to do so.
- Be responsible and respectful while outdoors.
- Follow ALL of the instructions during the activity.
- When finished with the activity, go directly to assigned area and wait quietly for further
Activities/Work Percentage of Grade
MAJOR GRADES: 35%
(Tests, Projects, Labs, or similar assignments)
DAILY WORK: 50%
NINE WEEKS EXAMS/CBAs: 15%
- Held Thursday mornings from 7:30-8:30a.m
- MUST schedule tutorials with Ms. Padilla at least a day in advance and obtain a tutorial pass.
- Transportation will not be provided.
- Students are encouraged to attend tutorials at least 3 times within each Nine Weeks.
- A Progress Report will be given each 3rd week of the nine week marking period.
- Students will have the opportunity to make up missing assignments until the 8th week of each Nine Week Period, for up to 70% of grade credit.
- Zeros will be given to any missing assignments not turned within two days of an unexcused absence.
- For excused absences you may return work for full credit up to 7 days after absence, after 7 days the student will only be allowed to receive up to 70% of grade.
- Students with several absences must attend tutorials to complete all missing work to receive credit.
Report cards are usually issued on a Friday a week after the nine week ends.
If you have questions or concerns the easiest way to reach me is through e-mail:
All items within this syllabus are subject to change when necessary, at Ms. Padilla’s and AAJH Administration’s discretion.