Mr. Smith Class Expectations
6th Grade Math Enrichment
Room 643 / Phone 281-860-3300
Welcome to 6th grade Math Enrichment. This is important information that will contribute to your success in my class. Please keep these reference sheets in your folder or binder. You will be notified if there are any updates during the year and responsible for making the changes accordingly.
Every day supplies (You may have these already.)
- One- Spiral
to be used for daily assignments and notes
- Two #2 Pencils
- Erasers for pencils
- Pencil Sharpener with receptacle
- One red pen for grading
- Headset or ear buds for lesson videos
Rewards may be earned for good grades, good attitudes, outstanding performances, improvement, and other types of good behavior. Types of rewards may include bonus points, homework passes or a dip into the reward box.
65% Daily Grades
35% Major Grades
Bell-work / Daily
Warm-ups are given at the beginning of each class and must be completed within the first 6 minutes of class. They are sometimes graded and counted as part of your daily grade.
Late Work Policy
· 15 point deduction for an assignment or homework turned in one day late.
· 30 point deduction for work turned in two or more days late.
· The highest grade given on a re-test will be 70. At their discretion, the teacher may also allow students to raise their grade by correcting all incorrect problems on a different sheet of paper showing all work.·
· Held after school every Tuesday from 4:15 to 5:15 in room 643.
· If there are no participants by 4:30, the tutorials will be canceled.
Rules and Procedures
In addition to following the school policies, you are also expected to follow the classroom rules and procedures. These procedures should be followed whether written or verbal. Study the procedures carefully. There may be a quiz. As the need arises, additional procedures will be introduced to you. Please see other web pages for specific rules and procedures.
- One- Spiral to be used for daily assignments and notes