Degrees and Certifications:
MEd School Counseling
Welcome to Hamblen Elementary!!!
Hello, my name is Valarie Baker and I am the counselor here at Hamblen Elementary. My goal is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that fosters continual growth and resilience by equipping students with academic, social-emotional, and college & career skills; promoting responsible citizens who prosper in a global society. As a Professional School Counselors, I work with students on an individual basis, in small groups and in the classrooms. Please feel free to contact me with your questions or concerns. Looking forward to a great school year.
Here are some reasons students might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "I had an argument with my best friend and she doesn't want to be my friend anymore."
- "Some kids in my science class are talking about fighting after school."
- "My parents argue all the time and I don't know what to do."
- "My grandfather is really sick and I'm scared he's going to die."
- "My mom just had a baby and she doesn't have time for me anymore."
- "We're moving again!"
- "My dad wants me to be an engineer like him, but I want to be a pilot."
Here are some reasons parents might want to talk to the School Counselor:
- "This is John's third school this year, and he's having difficulty adjusting."
- "My husband is being deployed in two weeks and Carolyn may need some help coping with this change."
- "Sam used to be excited about school, but lately he doesn't seem to care."
- "My wife and I recently separated and our daughter could use some help understanding this."
- "My son seems to be the target of some teasing and bullying after school. Can you help?"