2016-2017 Community and Student Engagement ratings
Under House Bill 5 (passed by the 83rd Texas Legislature), all districts are required to evaluate the district’s performance and the performance of each campus in regard to community and student engagement. Districts must assign one of four performance ratings – Exemplary, Recognized, Acceptable or Unacceptable – to the district and each campus for overall performance, including the following categories:
- Fine arts;
- Wellness and physical education;
- Community and parental involvement;
- 21st Century Workforce Development program;
- Second language acquisition program;
- Digital learning environment;
- Dropout prevention strategies; and
- Educational programs for gifted and talented students.
House Bill 5 requires a local committee or committees to determine the criteria that the district uses to evaluate and assign performance ratings and to evaluate the district’s compliance with statutory reporting and policy requirements.