Beginner Band Information
Beginner Band is a very busy, very critical time in the life of a young band member!
Before December, 6th grade band students will:
1. Know how to assemble, maintain, and be responsible for a very expensive musical instrument,
2. Know how to read the notes on a staff,
3. Be able to count rhythms,
4. Be able to not only read the music, but make the music happen on their instrument,
---and MOST importantly---
5. Perform a Winter Concert! That's right. We start playing in September, and we play a concert with REAL music in December!
This means YOU as a parent are crucial to our program by assuring that your child practices and does everything we ask them to do.
Please be sure that your child has their supplies and keeps their instrument in working order.
REMIND is a free texting service that allows us to send reminders to students and parents with the privacy of not having to share phone numbers. Please subscribe so that we can send you reminders about band events.REMIND es un servicio de mensajes de texto gratuito que nos permite enviar recordatorios a los estudiantes y padres de familia con la privacidad de no tener que compartir números de teléfono. Suscríbase a fin de que podamos enviarle recordatorios sobre eventos de la bandaText the code @beg126 to phone number 81010.Texto del código @beg126 al número de teléfono 81010.