Name __________________________________ Period ______
- Entering the classroom: Wait to be greeted before entering the classroom. Do not enter the classroom if I am not there. If the classroom door is locked, please line up in a quiet single file line until I unlock and open the classroom. Once you enter the classroom, you are NOT TO TALK. Take out needed supplies, give your row leader your pencils to sharpen and sit in your assigned seat. Show me you are prepared for class. Begin your bell work immediately and silently.
- When you are tardy: You are late if you are not inside the classroom when the bell rings. If you are late, please remember that class has already started. Enter very quietly so you don’t interrupt the lesson. Sign the tardy clip board and join the class activities silently. If you need to talk to me, see me after class or at an appropriate time.
- When you are absent: It is your responsibility to get the work and complete any work that you have missed. You have one day for each day you were absent to make up your assignments. You WILL receive full credit for your work if this procedure is followed. If you missed a test, you will need to arrange to stay after school on one of the tutorial days to make it up. You WILL NOT be able to make up a test during class time. You will know far in advance of any tests, so there is no reason why you should not be prepared the day you return. If you know ahead of time that you will be absent, please let me know and I can give you the work you will miss ahead of time.
- Paper Heading: Papers without headings will not be graded until a proper heading is completed.
- Papers: Any papers needing to be turned in should be placed in your class period’s “IN BOX”.
- Listening and speaking: Please raise your hand and wait to be recognized before sharing your comments or questions with the class. Show your classmates courtesy and respect by listening quietly while they are talking.
- Working cooperatively: All members of the team/class will work together as a team insuring a positive successful learning environment. Each member of the team/class is responsible for the success of the whole group/class.
- Sharpening your pencil: Pencils should be sharpened as soon as you enter the classroom. If you need to sharpen your pencil during whole group lectures, raise your hand and ask for permission.
- What to do if you finish your work early: Always check over your work if you finish early. Then you may read your library book (It is mandatory for my class that each student check out a book from the library.) Please be courteous to your classmates and remain quiet. You may not do other work for other classes unless specific permission has been requested AND received.
- What to do when you need to use the restroom: Please use the restroom between class periods. Please wait until the direct instruction of the lesson is complete, you WILL NOT be allowed to go to the restroom during direct instruction. Once direct instruction is done, QUIETLY, raise your hand, and I will sign the pass for you to go to the restroom. Take the classroom pass with you to the restroom. Upon, returning from the restroom, please place the pass in its original place.
- Emergency Evacuation Procedures: Emergency evacuation procedures will be practiced throughout the year. Emergency exits are posted by the classroom entrance. Wait for me to give you instructions. Do not talk, follow the instructions exactly as they are given. I will call roll when we get to our destination and once we are back in the classroom.
- Classroom Furniture: I will check all desks before you leave each day, DO NOT write on, stick gum under or deface the furniture in my classroom in any way. This is a Federal law, Please be respectful of our beautiful new campus.
- At the end of class: Before you are dismissed, please make sure the area around your desk is clean. I will dismiss you, not the bell!
- ALL OF THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE IN PLACE IF A SUBSTITUTE IS IN CHARGE OF THE CLASS. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS GIVEN AND REMEMBER THAT THE SUBSTITUTE IS CARRYING OUT MY INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOU.
*KEEP YOUR COPY OF THE CLASSROOM PROCEDURES*
PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN THIS PAGE TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THIS PAGE WILL BE PLACED IN MY CLASSROOM FILE.
Your signature below indicates that you have read and understand the classroom syllabus, procedures and expectations for Ms. Williams' classroom and that all policies and procedures will be followed in order for you to have a productive and successful school year.
Student Printed Name Class Period
Student Signature Date
Parent Signature Date
Parent Email: ____________________________________________
Parent Telephone #:________________________________