Our second quarter has begun. Fall is here and we are enjoying the beginning of the holiday season.
We are learning new and exciting information every day. Use these questions to talk to your child how his/herday went.
1. Tell me about the best part of your day.
2. What was the hardest thing you had to do today?
3. Did any of your classmates do anything funny?
4. Tell me about what you read in class.
5. Who did you play with today? What did you play?
6. Do you think math [or any subject] is too easy or too hard?
7. What's the biggest difference between this year and last year?
8. What rules are different at school than our rules at home? Do you think they're fair?
9. Who did you sit with at lunch?
10. Can you show me something you learned (or did) today?
Monday-Three times each
Tuesday - ABC order two times each
Wednesday –Words in dictionary
Thursday – practice test
TeachersYour child will have two teachers for the curriculum this year. I will be teaching the ELA content and Mrs. Johnson will be teaching Math and Science. I will have a student teacher this school year. Ms. Echols is in her senior year at the U of H and is eager to become part of our Schochler family.Conference timeOur conference time is from 2:3O--3:20. Please feel free to contact us at any time to discuss your concerns. Expect to hear from us many times throughout the year to discuss your child's progress.School DaySchool at Schochler is from 8:10-3:40. All absences must have a written excuse.LunchFeel free to come in and enjoy lunch with your child. Our lunch days are Tuesday and Thursday and our time is 11:10.Communication homePlease ask to see and sign your child's agenda every day. This will be our daily communication between home and school, concerning behavior, homework assignments, upcoming events, and personal notes.
For the safety of our students, please do not drop your child off in the parking lot to walk unescorted to the building. This is unsafe, as cars are driving through the area and may not see your child. If you must drop your child and leave, please take two minutes to walk your child to the school door.